Thursday, May 23, 2013

So Long For Now

My sister and I 
      Sitting here at Gate 39 with Travis Whaley and just thinking about the loved ones I've said goodbye to this past week. Nervousness is now turning into excitement but I still know homesickness will strike at some point. This post is for me to look back on my friends and family that have been supporting me for this big journey.  
     To all my Hokies I said goodbye to back in Blacksburg:
             So long graduates, musicians, engineers, sisters, professors, and my random friends! I cannot wait to spend another two years studying at one of the greatest universities, but until then I'll be in Europe! Ich liebe Virginia Tech (I love Virginia Tech)!
     Goodbye Mrs. Wolf! Thank you for having the faith in me to pursue engineering and piano! Obviously, it was a little crazy, but where's the fun in having just one major anyway? It was great seeing you this past week!
      Thank you for all the love and support, Husick family (my second family). It was great seeing you all this past Tuesday, although there was one missing...Andie!
Grandma and Pop-pop Husick 
The Husicks
  









   

To my other family, the Sturman family, thank you for a wonderful send-off dinner and all of the encouragement. I'll see Charlie in about a month as he tours Europe and then takes a course in Denmark. 

Charlie and I 



Eating Crabs with the Family 

         And to my own family, I will see you in about six weeks when we tour the Alps, Prague, Brussels, Vienna, and the Salzburg Salt Mines! 

No comments:

Post a Comment